Thursday 15 April 2010

Article on photographers using video in this week's Design Week

I was recently asked by Design Week to write about how my experiences of how "still" photographers are increasingly turning to video as part of their work. As regular visitors to the blog will be aware, I've done quite a few video commissions myself over recent years, including some short films for Harrods at the Milan Furniture Fair in 2008. I also edited the video of 100% Design 2009, part of this year's marketing materials for the show.

The pace of change has accelerated over the last 18 months, with digital SLR cameras now capable of shooting extremely high quality video. So much so that the finale of the current season of US medical drama House (the one with Hugh Laurie being American) was filmed entirely with the Canon 5d Mark II.

My article is published in this week's Photography & Image supplement. Unfortunately, you can only access the article on their website if you subscribe. So if you're not paid up, then rush to your local newsagents and buy one!

If you're using video as part of your photography work, drop me a line and say hello.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist H' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP